Print Page | Close Window

Snap-Link Android Improvement Thread

Printed From: HAI Forums
Category: Snap-Link
Forum Name: Snap-Link Mobile for Android
Forum Discription: General Discussions and Tech Support Snap-Link Mobile for Android
URL: http://forum.homeauto.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=966
Printed Date: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:47am

Topic: Snap-Link Android Improvement Thread
Posted By: prestigetx
Subject: Snap-Link Android Improvement Thread
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:43am
Star 1.1 is only the begining and I am sure our friends at HAI will continue to fix issues and add great features to this software package. They know that their customers want to get the value out of the $50.00 they spent for this software.

Use this thread to post all the suggestion for improvement.

- Please post only ideas that can honestly be done.
- Think about how exiting HAI software works, and ideas you like from that when creating your post.
- Make sure you read others suggestions first before you post yours to insure it is not posted twice.
- Comment on others suggestion too, to show you like the idea and would like to see it also.
- Do not RANT about issues or problems, only post about ideas to make it better.

Thanks!Wink

- Chris
Prestige Innovations

Replies:
Posted By: prestigetx
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:04am

So here is my first round of suggstions for improvement.

1) Easy to Understand List - When looking a a list of information such as the Thermostat information, there is no way to tell what item in the list can be selected and what can not be. Such as "Current Temp" Vs "Mode". In the list, they look the same. If there was a way to have changeable entries be a different color or in bold face just so the use would know that item in the list can be changed. Also, a key at the bottom to de-note that "bold" means changable. So, "Mode" would be in bold face, because its changable, and "Current Temp" would be in normal face because it can not be changed.

EDIT By AARON: 1.2V has larger FONT and BOLD for the Current Temp.

2) Skins/Themes - Just like the PC version of Snap-Link the look can be changed. Add skins or themes to snap-link. Add new skins/themes on each new update. Make the skins/themes saveable to each connection type. That way if a user chooses House A ... then the theme would look one way... and if they want to conenct to House B... then it can have another look. (we have a list of suggested types of themes too, just ask)

3) Advanced Settings - Settings Suggestions: a) Allow the user to setup how oftern the data is refreshed. b) Set Start up Page... (example: after connect, go to Control Vs Home)page. c) Control Phone Screen Time out and Backlight while the program is in use. d) Control how the program is to end/exit when the back key is pressed (Stay running, or close) ... and if running.... add more options... such as enable notify on event.

4) Widgets - This should be a given... however, it would be great to have a widget that would let the use know there home status right on the main screen of their phone. Also have it show some type of blinking red LED on the screen or the phone it self if there is a new logged event. I can keep going with this.

5) Complete camera control - Support for all HAI cameras, servers, and 3rd party... PTZ... and advanced settings.... Framerate, size, ect....

I will think of more later.... let me know if you guys like this stuff or not, and I will add more later.

-------------
- Chris
Prestige Innovations LLC

Posted By: aaron.ard
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:07am
Stickied.

-------------
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer

Posted By: Curtis_Mayes
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 7:33pm
Need to fix the bypass zone issues. No matter what zone I tell it to bypass it bypasses zone 1 which is a fire zone.

EDIT By AARON: Fixed for version 1.3

-------------

Posted By: Commander
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:20pm
1) Ditch 2 button clicks to select lighting settings. If I hit 25% don't make me hit ok too. It is redundant.

2) Put Temps in the Status Section

3) Allow hiding a lighting controller (on a long hold would be a good way to do it)

4) Security: Get rid of the 2 menus. Why do I hit security and then hit security again to get a pop up menu? Would be much nicer to have a screen with buttons I can choose.

5) Make the security key format in the setup match the Omni format. Please use hyphens.

Those are my initial thoughts...

Posted By: jsutaria@gmail.com
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:59pm
it would be nice to have a slider for lighting control instead of discrete buttons--25, 50, 75, 100 doesn't give me enough flexibility.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 12:00pm
I like how the Security Item in the Security area turns read when Armed.  Is there a way to make the main menu item turn red instead so you can tell the status from the main screen instead of needing to click through other menus?

Posted By: mics
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 9:39pm
Can we see Flag or Unit status countdown timers?

Posted By: kaosbandit
Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:28am
When you change security modes and it asks for a code to be entered it would be nice if a keypad was on the screen in the app instead of using the keys on a droid pro or an on screen keyboard.

Having the option to hide flags and buttons. Maybe a long touch for hiding options.

Lighting controls similar to the SuperLink software out there. Reduces number of touches and allows more control.

"Favorites" tab from the main screen where a user can put their most common tasks for quicker access.

Posted By: turbohome
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 11:45am
Zone Status, just like snap link for the PC

Posted By: platinum
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 6:55pm
how about tablet support??

my HTC jetstream is 1280x800 but all i get is a small phone sized display

i second the widget idea. even 1x1 icons that would execute a button would be awesome, then i wouldn't have to launch the app when i want to turn the lights on when i come home late!

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 9:53am
There is a way to make it take up full screen on a tablet.  If you get SpareParts+ from the Android Market there is a compatibility mode check box.  Uncheck it and then recheck it.  This allowed Snaplink to be full screen on my Galaxy tab.

Posted By: atronicalarms
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:49am
There is no way to delete a controller currently without clearing the cache for the app. When I add a controller and then delete it they always come back the next time I open the app. This gets really old when I'm adding and removing multiple controllers every week.

Posted By: TomDonahoe
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 1:07pm
Please add...
1) A widget that functions as a PANIC button on our phone's home screen.
2) A widget that functions as an ALL ON/OFF button on our phone's home screen.
3) The function ALL ON/OFF to be added to the app.
4) On the thermostat part, we like you to add a HUMIDITY CONTROL.
5) A widget that functions as an ARMING/DISARMING button.

Thank you

Posted By: hungkd19@gmail.com
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 12:35pm
New android app called NQLink Pro

Feature:
* Two option for display: List display and Grid Display (Touchscreen display mode)
* Bottom Menu bar option
* Two connections Local IP and Domain name (Outside IP) supported
* Looking for available connection automatically
* Notification option for report system event
* GPS GEO Fencing function
* Voice control supported (Require Internet connection)
* Supported HAI Music Gateway and Music Server
* Supported Hi-Fi2 Equalizer Setting
* Control light and Appliance.
* Security management.
* Air Conditioner Management
* Multi Room Hi-Fi2 Audio system.
* Macro Button Control
* User Setting
* Access Control
* Room and Area manage by Users
* Camera JPEG, MJPEG and RTSP H264/H265 format.
* Press and hold Item desire to Re-name (Please enable Display as list in Account setting)

Commercial
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vn.megatron.www.Omni_controller

Print Page | Close Window