Login Login

OmniStat Heat Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
John_Peterman View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote John_Peterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OmniStat Heat Issues
    Posted: 01 May 2011 at 12:47pm
Updating the Omnistat mode does not work correctly.  If you attempt to go from Off to Heat, the OmniStat changes over to Cool mode (which I found out the hard way coming home to a very cold house.)  Omnistat will not go from Off to Heat either.

Web-Link works fine.

Snap-Link: 1.3
OmniStat2: 1.04d

Edited by John_Peterman - 02 May 2011 at 11:19am
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:20am
John,

Thanks, I'll look into it today.
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 9:00am
John,

I just tested it, and it seems to work, could you also provide me with the following info

1.) Omni Version
2.) Is the Thermostat Configured as Auto Changeover, Manual Changeover, Heat only, or Cool Only.
3.) How is the thermostat configured in PCAccess (Auto, Manual, Heat, or cool).

Thanks,

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote John_Peterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:44pm
 Sorry for the late reply.  I did not get a notice that you had responded.

OmniProII 3.5b
Manual Change Over
Manual in PCA.

We have 8 OmniStat2's.  6 RC-1000 and 2 RC-2000.  The RC-2000's are the only one with AC and Heat.  Neither respond.  Firmware is 1.04d.

aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:37pm
Ok, I'll take a look at it.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote John_Peterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:01am
Any update on this?
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote John_Peterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 8:19am
It has been over a month now. Is this product being supported?
palbright View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote palbright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:14pm
Have you been able to check or change the temp in Dealer PC Access?
Have you been able to change from Auto to off in Dealer PC Access?
If you are not able to do this, check your wiring connections! Check your Thermistate program and make sure is programmed correctly.
palbright View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote palbright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:18pm
Yes this product is still supported.  Somethings just take a while for the correct answers.  Did you call tech support?  I have taking over a couple installs were the thermistates were not programmed correctly in their setup and once the communication protocal was corrected they started working and reporting properly.  Hope this helps you.  I am currently out of the country and with limited access to e-mail.  However, I will be more than happy to help you.  You sound frustrated, I know the feeling, been there, done that!  But I have a few installs and troubleshooting under my belt.
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote John_Peterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 7:43am
Thank you for stepping in. Unfortunately, everything is programmed/wired correctly, so I don't think the issue is there. This occurs on all four of our systems.

Everything works fine from Dealer PCA as well as Web-link. The only issue is the change over to heat. If you go from off or cool to heat, it goes to cool. The omnistats are the newer 1.04d's. I have not checked with older versions to see if the problem occurs there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>