Login Login

Snaplink Android Camera Force Close

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snaplink Android Camera Force Close
    Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:43pm
If you have an HAI Camera Server the Android app will not let you configure anything but camera #1.

Once you view the camera and you exit the camera view, you will get a Force Close on the app.

Also, you will need to remember that when you setup your Camera, the Network Address will need to include the port number.  I believe default is port 556.  So if you are using something like www.no-ip.com with a dns redirect then you would have the Network Addess be exampledomain.com:556 (don't put http://).

Also, reminder to you that the default Username for the HAI Camera Server is:  root
Password: pass
The same thing that is on my luggage.  No wait, that is "123". LOL

I believe Aaron is doing a great job with this app and is working very hard.
Works perfectly otherwise for me on my Samsung Epic, Sprint phone.

Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
arch111507 View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote arch111507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 1:25pm
I'm having camera issues also. I'm using the app on a Droid X and have had reasonably good results other than the cameras. What I've experienced is that the app will let you configure more than one camera, but if you look at camera 2, for example, it actually is giving you the video for camera 1. It's pretty much a one shot deal, though, which is the bigger problem I've been having. Once you look at a camera, if you don't get a force close while viewing, pretty much guaranteed you'll get one shortly thereafter. And when that happens, all the camera setup disappears.

Also, I believe the port number you need to append to the ip is the network port - typically 80, but may be different depending on the network installation you're dealing with. For example, we have one install where port 80 was already in use by a third party dvr, so we had to switch to 8008. Just make sure whichever one you use is also port-forwarded on the router.

Pete Stacy
ArchiTronics, LLC
Kansas City, MO
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 1:43pm
Pete, what version of the app are you running?

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
Dealer
Dealer

Quote arch111507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 1:54pm
Hi Aaron -

V1.2 - I just downloaded it about a week ago.

Thanks,
Pete
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:07pm
I released 1.3 yesterday, and it should fix that problem, check for updates, and then go edit each camera and make sure the numbers are correct, it should work then.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Dealer
Dealer

Quote arch111507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:46pm
Aaron -

Good job! I thought I checked for updates yesterday evening and didn't see any. Maybe they don't actually show until the next day, and I hadn't checked today, yet. Anyway, looks like that did take care of it. Let you know if anything changes.

Thanks again,
Pete
Dealer
Dealer

Quote arch111507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:39pm
Hi Aaron -

Wanted to get back with you now I've had more of a chance to play around with v1.3. The update did take care of the problem of getting all of the cameras set up, and it did solve the problem of the camera setup disappearing after a FC. However, I am still getting FC's while viewing the cameras. It doesn't seem to matter which one, and it's always after about 6 seconds of bringing up a camera to view it.

Let me know if there's any other info I can provide that might be useful.

Thanks,
Pete
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 12:42pm
I am exactly the same with the Force Close after bringing up the camera.  It loads the camera image, you wait for it and seconds later it closes with a Forced Close error.
Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
Dealer
Dealer

Quote arch111507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:56am
Hi Aaron -

Just wondering if there's any progress on the FC issues while viewing cameras. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm still having that problem.

Thanks,
Pete
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:37am
arch,

I can't replicate the problem... is it any camera, just camera server cameras, what phone and Android OS version are you running?

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>