Login Login

Problems downloading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:33pm
Aaron,
Here is an excerpt from Google help area on Market download problems.  This came from a developer of an app that has had these problems: (does this help you?)

Whenever this happens, I go to the order in question in my Checkout account and usually see a few authorization failed and card update messages for the order.  The customers say that the app displays "Purchased" in their Market app, but the download never starts.  According to my Google Checkout account for those orders, card authorization never succeeded.  However, the customer can't cancel the order because the phone thinks it is already purchased and won't allow a second cancel/refund.  The only way out of this is if I cancel the order from my end in my Checkout account, or the customer waits a week for Goolge to cancel it automatically.  After this, the app no longer appears as "purchased" in their Market client and they are able to try and buy it again.  This is confusing for both customers and developers, and leads to much unnecessary customer support.
Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:04pm

Aaron,

I'm doing everything I can think of to get support and a solution on this problem.  I even posted a request on Google Android support forum.  We can see what this provides as support.  I suspect they will tell me to "talk to the software app developer".

here is what I posted:

My app cannot be refunded because my account thinks it is purchased still
Edit

wlanekc
Level 1
6:44 PM
I tried to purchase an app on my Samsung Epic in Google Marketplace with an outdated credit card.  The purchase did not go through and Markplace informed me that the transaction was CANCELLED.

However, even though Marketplace cancelled the transaction, the application shows that it is PURCHASED.
So, that is fine, just click the REFUND button.
But if I do that I get the message "Your purchase could not be refunded".
Well of course it can't be refunded, my purchase was cancelled and there is no transaction to refund.

However I am stuck in this loop.

I have updated the credit card information on my Android Market account so that it has a new credit card number and I cannot get this app purchased.

I contacted the developer (HAI or Home Automation Inc) and they say they can't do anything to help me either.

Any suggestions out there?
Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:25pm
Hey walt... I'm on my iPhone so this will be kinda short. I have no control over the marketplace purchasing... It's all handled my google...the app wasn't even downloaded, so this is really a fluke in the marketplace, nothing to do with the specific app.

I see your order, but it's already canceled, and won't let me cancel it. There was an option to archive it, which I did.. Maybe that will make a difference. Let me me know. I'll look at it some more when I get home tonight
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
prosecprod View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prosecprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 7:32pm
this is all the same stuff I've been through for 3 days.  Google is blaming the Developer and HAI says it's Google.  I beleive HAI, however I do not have a clue at this point how to go about fixing this problem without HAI being in the middle.
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 11:25am
Would you mind phoning me or emailing me directly so that we can both have some direct contact outside of this forum?  That way if I make some headway with my initiatives to solve this problem I can share my success with you.  And hoping you will do the same.

My email address is wlane@netstandard.com
cell is 816-805-8000

I don't think Aaron will phone or email us directly outside of text in this forum.

Walt Lane

Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 11:32am
Archiving didn't make a difference.  Thanks for trying though Aaron.  I can imagine how frustrating this is for you (as well as for us).  The only thing positive thing about me accidently processing my order with an old credit card is that I may be able to now help you with a problem that has to be resolved somehow because you will continue to run in to more people over time that are unable to get a Refund off their phone with your app.

The stinker is that I have been so excited to get your app going.  I also have customers with the iphone app and it works great.  Just have more customers wanting the Android app and I want to demo it for them.  :-)  (Tom and Charlie know me and my love for your HAI systems)

Anyway, did you read my post below? (please read this and maybe you can tell me how I can get to the options that you said I should clear cache/data that are unavailable)

Aaron, I was not able to perform 100% of your instructions.
There is no "Checkin Service" as an option to select within Manage Applications.
(and I did have "manage ALL applications" listed to make sure I had the complete list)
There is no "Google Apps" an option to select within Manage Applications.
There is no "Google Talk Service" (howerver there was "Talk" and I did clear its data.

There was:
Download Manager
Talk (assuming that may be Google Talk Service)
Market
Market Updater (I know you didn't list this one but I went in to it and clear the data)

I am using the popular Samsung Epic running on Sprint.

Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
prosecprod View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prosecprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 1:54pm
Aaron, 

Both Walt and I tried initially to purchase this app on accounts that the payment methods had expired or were not valid.  The only other common variable between our situations as far as we know is that the phones are both on the Sprint Network - I don't see how this could have any bearing on this issue.  If you buy this app, PLEASE make sure your payment information is correct before you try to buy it or I do believe you will be here with us too.

Greg
Matthew _Keane View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Matthew _Keane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 10:14am
Bought the app for my Droid X yesterday.  Download failed in mid-process.  Can you help me restart it?  Thanks!!!!
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 10:37am
You may be in trouble on this.  If you somehow figure out how to get your Market app to "reset" the download transaction PLEASE let us know.  I don't believe Aaron (from HAI) will be able to help you and you may be with us by being in perpetual limbo to now never able to purchase Snaplink Android Mobile for that particular phone.

Walt Lane

Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
Matthew _Keane View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Matthew _Keane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 2:10pm
Where does one get their controller key information?  I have 2 fields to enter then I actually may be in!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>