Login Login

Problems downloading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
prosecprod View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prosecprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems downloading
    Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 4:54pm

I downloaded Snaplink from market.   From my phone when you go into market> Menu> My Apps,  it shows that the snaplink program is purchased but not installed.  This app cannot be found on the phone ANYWHERE.  When I try to redownload it, it says your item will be download and appears to be trying but only lasts 2 seconds or so, never really downloading.  On the initial purchace attemp I told it to charge my Sprint account but since would like to try paying by credit card but it gives me no other option for payment.  With the 3 hours of Sprint tech support on this issue we have tried everything including wiping the phone clean and still no dice.  Email relplies from Google tell me to contact the software developer about this problem.  Please help.

Thanks

aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 10:40am
Hi prosecprod,

This sounds like a problem with the marketplace... but I'll try to help. What phone are you using, and what version of Android?

Have your purchased other apps from the market place?

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prosecprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 12:43pm
purchased many other apps both pay and free with no problems.  HTC EVO
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:14pm
proscecprod,

PM or email me your name, so I can look into google checkout and see if the purchase went through.
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:21pm
I have the exact problem as this other dealer.  I attempted to pay for Snaplink.  The credit card that my Google account had on file was outdated so it failed to process my order and my Android market said my order was cancelled.  However, the market on my phone says "PURCHASED" and "REFUND" and if I click PURCHASED, it takes like 2 seconds and comes back to the screen (does nothing) and if I click REFUND to try to clear off and start over with my purchase it says "Your Purchase Could Not Be Refunded".

So I am stuck in a loop with no way of buying Snaplink for my Android Samsung Epic phone.

Please assist.

Walt Lane
Cell: 816-805-8000 if you want to phone me.
Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:23pm
My Google account name is wlanekc@gmail.com so that you can somehow reset my account so my phone know that I have not made the purchase and I am able to re-process my order with you.
Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prosecprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:44pm
Walt we reset and wiped clean the phone and reset up the account just the same as before the problem and it did nothing.  I would hang tight on the reset until they figure out the problem.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:55pm
Hey Walt,

I've been researching this, and apparantly there are A LOT of people with similar problems on the market place (many different apps). Right now, the best/ safest advice I can give is what I found on one of the google forums

1. go to your settings,

2.then select "manage applications" ,

scroll down to,

3.  "Checkin Service"       then select  "clear data"
4.  ."Download Manager"  then select "clear data"
5.  ."Google Apps"           then "clear data"
6.  "Google Talk Service"  then select "clear data"
7.  " Market"                    then select "clear cache"

This will clear all the cached data on the phone. I can see in the marketplace where your order didn't go through, but there is no option for me to reset anything! I also see where a couple other people's purchase didn't go through, and the were able to purchase it later (guess after they fixed their CC problem).

Let me know

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prosecprod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 5:19pm
did this yesterday and nothing
Walt_Lane View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote Walt_Lane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 6:08pm
Aaron, I was not able to perform 100% of your instructions.
There is no "Checkin Service" as an option to select within Manage Applications.
(and I did have "manage ALL applications" listed to make sure I had the complete list)
There is no "Google Apps" an option to select within Manage Applications.
There is no "Google Talk Service" (howerver there was "Talk" and I did clear its data.

There was:
Download Manager
Talk (assuming that may be Google Talk Service)
Market
Market Updater (I know you didn't list this one but I went in to it and clear the data)

I am using the popular Samsung Epic running on Sprint.

Aaron, I hope this helps you with troubleshooting.  I know you are saying there are other apps with this problem on Google Marketplace but I'm relatively confident that the ones that are not having the problem must have been developed to be more robust when faced with the issue when the marketplace transaction is unsuccessful.  Otherwise the problem would exist with 100% of the applications in marketplace.

For now, if you have an unsuccessful purchase with Snaplink Android Mobile, you will be screwed to ever get it purchased because it is impossible to clear cache or data on your phone to get it to properly "refund" on your phone and make your phone available to try the purchase again.

Question for you.  Are you definite that someone has had this exact problem and you had them follow your instructions (below) and it solved this problem?  Or was this a guess (hope) to solve the problem and I'm the first to try your steps below?

Aaron's instructions:
1. go to your settings,
2.then select "manage applications" ,
scroll down to,
3.  "Checkin Service"       then select  "clear data"
4.  ."Download Manager"  then select "clear data"
5.  ."Google Apps"           then "clear data"
6.  "Google Talk Service"  then select "clear data"
7.  " Market"                    then select "clear cache"
Walt Lane
President - NetStandard
Kansas City