Login Login

Dynamic DNS and Control question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mics View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote mics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 9:33pm
I can connect with my DNS name if I am on AT&T's 3G, but not if I am on my WiFi...
WiFi works if I use the panels internal IP address.

OK... my PC Access will not connect with the DNS name either.
But will connect with the internal address 192.168...
It's on the wired network. 

Must be an internal problem.  Any ideas?
paul_meola View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote paul_meola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 10:29pm
I have seen the same problem once before. As I was not the network administrator for the project, I cannot tell you exactly what the issue was. I can tell you that this particular network is using a Sonicwall 150 firewall/router. I did speak with the network administrator recently and explained my issue. He did tell me that the router is causing this and he is not sure if he can correct the problem but will do some research and get back to me soon. The controller type is Omni Pro II
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 8:44am
Some routers disallow this, some allow it by default. If you're isn't working, it's usually possible to write  a rule to allow it... or you can just create two account files, one with the internal IP, one with the dyndns.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12