Login Login

Dynamic DNS and Control question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Paul_Slaney View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Paul_Slaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic DNS and Control question
    Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 10:48am
Hi, 

Thanks for the update, got the update 1.1 seems to work well.  I can't get my dynamic dns address to work however so I have to enter the numerical IP address.  This is great until my address changes.  Is there a way to add urls?

Also in the control screen, only scenes show up where as in the PC version of snap link individual named switches and controls show up.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

I am running an HTC incredible running andriod 2.2
paul_meola View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote paul_meola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:06am
Did you forward the port in your router?
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Paul_Slaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:14am
Yes, the port is forwarded, the app works fine if I use the numerical address.  It won't work if I add the dyndns url.
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote paul_meola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:23am
Does the Dyndns URL work with Snap Link on your PC?
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote paul_meola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 11:25am
Also, did you forward both protocols to the ip address of the controller? UDP and TCP
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Paul_Slaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 12:49pm
Hi Paul, the router I'm trying to access is 100 miles away and I don't have the remote router access enabled.  That said, I believe both udp and tcp are forwarded.  The pc version of snap link along with the dealer access work fine using the dyndns URL from my pc 100 miles away.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 1:17pm
Paul,

Almost certainly you don't have TCP port forwarded. Both PC SnapLink and PCAccess use UDP. If you enabled TCP port forwarding, I suspect the problem will be solved.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
prestigetx View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote prestigetx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:25am
Dynamic DNS works as of version 1.1. Just starting typing the dns name into the IP field.
Works Great.
Commander View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Commander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:23pm
my Dynamic DNS settings are working just to confirm a functional instance.
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Paul_Slaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 11:53am
Hi, thanks for the help everyone, unfortunately the router is 100 miles away, the remote access is turned off and I won't be able to verify if port forwarding is the problem.  It sounds like it is though, I'll post when I find out.  Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>