Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cburger View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap-Link for Droid "Force Close"
    Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 9:14pm
Setup the application on my HTC Incredible and connected with my HAI Omni IIe system just fine. I closed the applicationafter successfully connecting the first time, but consistently getting "Force Close" when opening the application...
michaeltfitz@hotmail.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 10:04pm
same here, "force close" even after rebooting.
Rob_St View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 12:23am
was having same problem Force Close, works fine for me now went to my router page DDNS copied IP address from there everything working fine now

Edited by Rob_St - 16 Apr 2011 at 12:24am
cburger View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 9:58am

So Rob, are you saying using a "DynDNS" host name doesn't work?  Meaning the IP Address field in the HAI Droid Application must contain the actual IP Address (in Dotted-Decimal Notiation)?  

If so, then I still wonder "why it worked the first time"?  Also, "I cannot even open" the HAI Droid appplication to make any changes--- I've tried opening it over 50-times, and always get  "Force Close"---  Do you suggest that I remove and reinstall the application, then change my configuration to include the actualy Public IP Address (as opposed to my DynDns.org Host name?   
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 2:23pm
Guys,

I'm looking at the problem now... if you can, let me know the version of Android you're running.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
jsutaria@gmail.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 2:47pm
i'm running Gingerbread (2.3.3) and having the same problem as described by others. dyndns name works first time and crashes upon subsequent relaunches with a null ptr exception in MainMenuActivity.onCreate(). but entering an ip address in dotted decimal notation works just fine (obviously, only until my ip address changes again)

cburger: once you're in that state, you can go into Settings->Manage Applications and instead of uninstalling the app, choose the 'clear data' option. that will restore the app to the just-installed state. Then when you relaunch you'll have to re-enter your app settings

Edited by jsutaria@gmail.com - 16 Apr 2011 at 2:49pm
paul_meola View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 6:26pm
I am experiencing the same "Force Close" issue on initial set up. Works once after data clear. I am running DROIDX; Android ver. 2.2.1; Baseband ver. BP_C_01.09.07P; Kernel ver. 2.6.32.9-g55626e1; Build VZW; ERI ver 5.

I tried to move the app to the SD card to see if this made a difference, but "Move to SD card" option was not applicable under the Application info page of the phone settings

Thanks 
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 6:49pm
I can't replicate the issue , but I have an idea what might be causing it. I've just uploaded Version 1.1 to the market place...which I think will fix it.

The problem was caused with the account file getting corrupted... so you *might* have to "clear data" after upgrading... but the app should now just take you to the add accounts page if there is a problem.

Let me know.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
paul_meola View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 7:50pm
Version 1.1 seems to work well. Be sure to disconnect the controller before closing the app or you will have the force close issue the next time you connect. Thanks to Aaron's update, once you force close the app you will be able to connect on the next attempt.
Rob_St View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 3:22am
go to settings, then applications hit manage applications under downloaded go to snap-link chose clear data you will lose all data you put in, but can restart snap-link and reinstall the correct data
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>