Login Login

Audio: No Plus/Minus Buttons?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pebaugh View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote pebaugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio: No Plus/Minus Buttons?
    Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 2:10pm
I am integrating a Russound ACA-E5 with an OmniProII. Everything looks great on the app (including selecting sources 7-12, something not currently working on any other software interface), except that the Russound Plus/Minus buttons are not there. They exist on all the other interfaces (which doesnt help because I can't select source 12 there). Is the lack of Plus/Minus buttons an oversight? Is it by design? Russound makes them required with the Fwd/Rev/Play buttons for control of the built-in Sirius radio.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 11:15am
I'm going to look into it. The audio page was simplified to allow a basic subset of controls that all audio systems shared, so not every feature of every system is supported.

Real Estate (space) is an issue, I'm not sure exactly where I could add two more buttons?

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
pebaugh View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote pebaugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 10:59am
Even if we could do some double functions on the existing buttons through press and hold.

Tap = FWD
Hold = PLUS

That might get us where we want to go. Also, in this one particular case we are using the iPhone app on an iPad. Is there anything to discuss about the schedule for a separate iPad app with more real estate?
peter@tigerware.com.au View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote peter@tigerware.com.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 6:24pm
I would love to see an UP/DOWN volume increment too.
Either that or have the display show the new value as you slide.
Having to wait until you release the slider to see the new volume can make it difficult to make minor adjustments.
Life is what happens while you make plans for the future
 Post Reply Post Reply