Login Login

Accounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
circtsplus View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote circtsplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accounts
    Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 1:14pm
Aaron,

How are you setting things up to use 1 account for both local access and remote access?  I get it to work fine if I setup 2 separate accounts (one with the local IP of the controller and one with my remote url)...........you mentioned that you were able to just one account.  If I try to connect from my local LAN, out and back in through my remote url, it will not connect.  I am guess this has something to do with router settings, but what settings need to be adjusted for this to work?

Thanks,

Dave
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010 at 9:48pm
circtsplus,

I didn't change anything, I was just using an out of the box generic router. I'll have to research it some more.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 12:52pm
circtsplus,

I did a little research, and it basicaly boils down to how your router operates, and how it is configured.

Some routers have separate firewall rules for inbound vs outbound connections, while some just apply the inbound rules to the outbound connections. So it really depends on your router.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply