Login Login

IPHONE/IPAD CONNECTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GERRY_STUMM View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote GERRY_STUMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IPHONE/IPAD CONNECTION
    Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:30am

I purchased the Home Automation software and installed it on my Iphone and Ipad.  Originally it was working but now it will not connect.  The error message says that the "Controller refused the connection".  I tried twice to enter all the information again into a newly created location but nothing changed.

I called Home Automation and they were able to complete a connection to TCP with PCAccess3.  My current firmware is 2.316A.  I would like to emphasise that initially the program was making a connection on both the Iphone and Ipad but now it will not connect.  The klast connection that worked was on July 4TH.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:44am
Hi Gerry,

We haven't seen this before. A couple of things.. Can you double check your controller firmware? 2.316A isn't a valid release.

Also, as a trouble shooting step, would it be possible for you to power down your controller, (disconnect battery and power) then bring it back up. Then see if it connects?

Thanks,

Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote GERRY_STUMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:40pm
Firmware is 2.16A, sorry.  My snap link memory stick connects fine in my computer.  It is the Iphone and Ipad that will not connect.  I am not near my home at this point so repowering is not an option.  I don't see how that will help because I can connect to the controller with the original snaplink.
orca31459 View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote orca31459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:53pm
You will need a min firmware of 3.2. 2.16 was released for the Pronto and original Snaplink
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote GERRY_STUMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:54pm
Why did it connect the first time?
orca31459 View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote orca31459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:58pm
Did it update the name cache when it connected. It may have said connected, but not actually communicated
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote GERRY_STUMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:01pm
It gave me all the temperature and security readings for the location.  It was definitely connected. 
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:52pm
Gerry,

Powering the system on/off will reset everything, I was just wondering if that would fix it, because then I would be pretty sure it's a firmware problem 2.16 was the first release with the new protocol. We have fixed some bugs involving connection issues since then. You should definitely upgrade, as some features will not work correctly without newer firmware.

If you want, I can try to connect from my development system, and try to see exactly what is happening. Can you Private Message me the info?

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote GERRY_STUMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:25am

Sure I can send the info you need thru a private message.  What email addres should I use?

aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:54am
Just click on my username in my post, then click "Send Private Message".
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>