Login Login

Z-Wave Lighting supported?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
amdilbert@cox.net View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote amdilbert@cox.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z-Wave Lighting supported?
    Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:33pm
I have an OmniPro II, with a mixed collection of lighting. The first bank of lights is defined as Vizia RF Z-Wave lights, and I have 9 lights/fans within that RM1-RM2 collection. The next several banks (B1-O4) contain another 20 X-10 controls.  Two problems:

1) For the X-10 controls, pressing the 50% icon on the control within the iPhone snaplink doesn't increase the light to 50% from the off position or decrease the light to 50% from the on position.  Mind you - snaplink for the PC doesn't do that either, but just wanted to pass this along.

2) Not all of my Z-wave lights/fans are not showing up in my list of devices to control on the iPhone. 1 sort of is. The item in RM2 (KitchenCounter) is showing as the first item on the list to control within the iPhone snaplink.  It is weird, because it's icon is the picture of a bedroom, instead of the light bulb.  The snaplink for PC doesn't have this problem - it controls my Z-Wave lights and fans just fine. So, not sure why the issue on the iPhone.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Andrew
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:07am
Andrew

1.) I believe this is because some X-10 Controls support dimming, some don't. Unfortunately there is no way for the iPhone to know what you actually have.

2.) Can you tell me how the Units are Named? Is the room that the "KitchenCounter" is in name? What are their unit numbers exactly? If you want you can export your controller file and e-mail it instead of typing it.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:09am
Andrew,

I located a problem where if you didn't have a Room named, the loads in it might not display. I've fixed it and it will be in the next update.

With ViziaRF and HLC, House Codes are divided up into blocks of 16 Units, The first Eight are Room 1, second 8 are Room 2. The first unit in a room is always the "Room Controller".

Normally you would have it setup like this

Unit 1: LivingRoom
Unit 2: Ceiling Fan
Unit 3: Lights
Unit 4: Lamp
Unit 9:  Kitchen
Unit 10: Garbage Disposal
Unit 11: Lights

etc.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
amdilbert@cox.net View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote amdilbert@cox.net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:16am
That is it - as I do not have an entry in Room 1, location 1. Nice job! Thanks.

By the way - I gave this app a 5 star rating - I just love it, and hope that these posts to the forum help others work through any similar issues!

Excellent support - thanks!
Andrew
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:55pm
Andrew,

I'm glad it's working for you now. Thanks for the good rating! Yes, some people are having some trouble getting it working, since you do need to have things setup correctly, but hopefully we can get them taken care of too!

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply