Login Login

Getting Camera's to work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 1:57pm
circtsplus,

I didn't setup a local and a remote for each account. I was able to just use my remote ip, and setup port forwarding. Works fine, and I don't have to keep switching between accounts. I guess it may depend on your router and how it's configured.

In the next update, I'm going to increase the number of accounts, so you can do either way.

On your camera problem, I think I found the issue. If you are using a username/password, there is a bug that can cause the crash you're seeing. I fixed it and it will be in the next release. In the mean time, try seeing if you can enable guest access, so it doesn't require the username/password.

Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
garyslaben View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote garyslaben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 4:43pm

Aaron -

I assume the camera problem reference was to me.  YES, I am using UN and PW.  do you want me to forward my URL, etc. to you or do you believe that this is the issue and I should just wait for the fix/remove UN/PW if I want to view in the meantime?

thanks.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 6:53pm
hey gary,

I think you both might be having the same problem. If you want, go ahead and PM me the information, and I'll make sure that it works, since Apple will probably take a day or two to approve the update.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:01am
Gary,

Thanks for the PM. I confirmed that is works, so you'll be good to go with the next release.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
garyslaben View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote garyslaben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:28am
That's awesome.  Thanks for the quick response on that.  I assume next release will be soon (a week?) depending on Apple's approval.  did you try various resolutions (e.g. 640X480)

Many thanks.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:33am
Gary,

I tried 320x240 and 640x480. Both seemed to work fine. I've fixed the few little things that have come up, if there is nothing else by the end of today, I'm going to go ahead and submit it to apple.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
circtsplus View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote circtsplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 12:21pm
Aaron,

I am curious how you are able to use just one account for both local and remote access.  I can't seem to make that work when using the local network connection and trying to connect to the system through my dns updater url......wasn't aware that something could be set to allow this to work?

Thanks,

Dave
circtsplus View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote circtsplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 12:28pm
Aaron,

I verified that the camera does work when setting up a guest user.  Can I only view snapshot images, or can I do live video?  Doesn't seem to work unless I enter the url to do a snapshot.

Thanks,

Dave
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 2:21pm
circtsplus,

You're right, it is constantly refreshes the snapshot to give the appearance of live motion video.

I did find a small bug I just fixed, where sometimes it would get a few frames and stop.

I just put in my router's IP address, and setup the port fowarding, and it worked... I'll do some more research into the matter.

Aaron

Edited by aaron.ard - 30 Jun 2010 at 2:22pm
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
wmelhome View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote wmelhome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 3:03pm
I have a KX-HCM110A and I was having the same problem, but enabling the guest account seems to work. I can now view the live video feed. Thanks for all the info!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>