Login Login

Getting Camera's to work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
garyslaben View Drop Down
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote garyslaben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Camera's to work
    Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:35pm
Perhaps you can give me some hints as to how to get the cameras to work?  Everything else works just fine.  I loaded a panasonic camera and when I click on it, it doesn't load.  I have the same camera (same URL) working fine on the iphone both thru a direct call of the URL and thru WL3 for Homeserver (which essentially performs the same task). 

thanks.
Gary Laben
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:52pm
Hey Gary,

I'm going to need some more information if you can

1.) What is the URL you are trying to use?
2.) Do you have the camera configured as MJPEG or Panasonic?
3.) What is the model # of the camera?

Just a few things it might be...

If it's panasonic, you only need to enter the address + port into the address field. e.g.
http://192.168.1.1:8008

and set the camera type to panasonic

if you are using the FULL mjpeg query (http://192.168.1.1:8008/nphMotionJpegblahblah...blah) then you should have the camera type set to "MJPEG"

Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote garyslaben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:08pm
Hi Aaron -

Thanks for the quick reply.  The camera is configured as panasonic.  It's a bb-hcm531.  I am only using the address + port into the address.  I'm using dyndns so the address is something like:  dyndns.address.net:50001

I have other cameras which go thru HAI's analog to ip converters.  When I hook those up, I'll set them as MJPEG and do what you've typed (blah, blah).

aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:27pm
Gary,

That camera model only supports JPEG and MPEG, not MJPEG. Try changing the camera type to JPEG, and using this as the address:

http://<servername>:Port/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Standard

It might not be the exact query string you need, but it should be something close to it.

Aaron

Edited by aaron.ard - 28 Jun 2010 at 10:27pm
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote garyslaben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 10:49pm

Just tried it.  Doesn't seem to work.  when I use the iphone in safari to go to the same address as I set up initially, it works fine. 

aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:04am
Hey Gary,

I've been looking for a manual for it, but I can't find anything. I did see where on panasonic's website, they say that the jpeg image is only available in 320x240 and 160x120.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Computers-Networking/Network-Cameras/Commercial-IP-Network-Cameras/model.BB-HCM531A_11002_7000000000000005702

Also, when you go to it in safari, do you get the entire webpage of the camera, or just a direct feed?

Can you try

http://<servername>:yourport/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=320x240&Quality=Standard

in your browser, just to see if it returns an image, then try it in the app?

If that doesn't work, maybe you can PM me the URL to the camera, and I can see what is going on.

Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
circtsplus View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote circtsplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 11:50am
I have the same problem with the same Panasonic camera BB-HCM531A.......also have tried 2 other Panasonic models with same results.  I am pretty sure that these cameras are MJPEG.  On my iPad, when I enter the local IP plus the port number, and click on the camera, the screen will act like it is going to load a camera and then Snaplink crashes and closes.......when it is reopened, it loads to the home screen.

Any idea when you will do another update that allows more account???  Really a pain when setting up local and remote accounts for each panel and only have 3 accounts available!!
AutoStudio
AutoStudio

Quote garyslaben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:17pm

Aaron -

Before you suggested it, I loaded 320X240 and still no luck.  But to be clear, I don't get a native shot, I get the entire webpage.  Interestingly, I can manipulate it thru safari, so it works just fine.  But when I use the EXACT SAME URL within WL3 for HS, I get the native feed.  I am happy to share the specific URL, PW, etc. so you can try. 
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 12:56pm
Hey Gary,

I actually just confirmed that the 320x240 URL works on the same exact model at one of our sales guy's house. So it's probably just some small configuration setting that's wrong.

Can you PM me the URL, and username and pw? I'll try it out.

Thanks,

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
circtsplus View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote circtsplus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 1:31pm
tried doing the url you suggested above........still same problem......snaplink crashes as closes when a camera is chosen.

did the same url in safari and it works just fine.......did a copy and paste to snaplink, so I know that it is entered the same.

can you do a step by step of what you did to make it work at HAI?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>