Login Login

iPad app works great

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dwalterman View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote dwalterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iPad app works great
    Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 5:12pm
Downloaded SnapLink on 2 iPads today. It works in house fine and remotely over the internet.
I tested with homes with permanent static IPs. I set up one account for in house with the lan ip address and one account for remote access using the external static ip of the router. Works great controlling HLC and Compose lighting, Russound Audio, Axis cameras work great on the camera page,,,,
A couple things I did notice. I'm limited to 3 accounts. No big deal for an end user but a problem for me as I hoped to demo to customers with their home config installed. Typo on the camera page bottom left. The word "cance" I assume is "Cancel"... For HLC lighting you get icons of a room layout. For Compose lighting you get icons of light bulbs.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 6:50pm
Hey Dan,

Glad to hear it is working well for you. I'll correct the "Cancel" on that page.

We did put a limit of 3 accounts at a time, you can always remove accounts that you aren't using.

HLC Lighting Rooms have a Room Icon, Flags get a Flag, outputs get a Red/Green LED, Somfy Blinds get a Window with a Blind, everything else gets a light bulb.

Don't forget to leave us a positive review on the app store also!

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
Dealer
Dealer

Quote dwalterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:28am
Aaron,
Why the difference with the USB SnapLink Product (number of accounts)? There already is another negative review on the app store commenting on how the USB SnapLink allows more accounts. Yes, you can delete accounts but what a pain to keep retyping encryption keys when they could just be saved like the USB SnapLink. Please reconsider this limit. We install roof icemelt controls and provide the property manager with SnapLink to control each building. Works fine with usb SnapLink but will be an issue with iPad version of SnapLink.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:44am
Dan,

USB SnapLink is running on a PC, not a mobile phone. There are significant differences there.

I'm going to raise the number of controllers in the next update.
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Dealer
Dealer

Quote dwalterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 2:13pm
Aaron,
Thanks.. I'm running on an iPad so any iPad changes would be appreciated as well.
Don
schilling649746 View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote schilling649746 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 12:04pm
In case votes from your 5-star dealers count in prioritization of new/enhanced features, I would like to add mine to the request to increase the number of controllers.  If it can't be unlimited because of iPhone/iTouch/iPad-specific implementation issues, then we would consider 10 to be a reasonable number (more if you can...).

aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:39pm
It's already been raised to 10 in the next release. We are just waiting for apple's approval.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
notch View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote notch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:21pm
Aaron

Now that I have it I can’t do without it. 

Thanks Bob
Clap

Edited by notch - 09 Jul 2010 at 1:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply