Android N Crashing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steve_maze@hotmail.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote steve_maze@hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Android N Crashing
    Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 3:25pm
I too am having difficulties with 7.0 / N. I believe I am on build 4. I get the connect message and then very briefly retrieving data before the app crashes. I've narrowed down the problem to DDNS.

If I use my DDNS host name, the app errors while synchronizing to the controller on the account setup screen. If I use the controllers IP address (while on the same LAN), I can synch. If I use the external IP address from my ISP, I can synch. If I now go back and enter my DDNS host name, I can synch. But all of these options crash the app when trying to connect to retrieve data from the controller in the main app.
Dwight _Brew View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Dwight _Brew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 8:00am
I have a Nexus 6p running the preview three version of the Android N beta. Snap-Link crashes using this version. If I clear the data and cache the app runs without crashing. I seem to be able to download the configuration from a site, but then when I try and connect to the site the app crashes. I realize that this version of Snap-Link was not intended to be used with the preview three version of the Android N beta, but does anyone have any suggestions for getting this to run?

Thanks.

Edited by Dwight _Brew - 20 Jul 2016 at 11:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply