Login Login

Snap-Link 2.0 Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bdAZ View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote bdAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap-Link 2.0 Feedback
    Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:44pm
Hello -

First off, I'd like to commend the HAI team for putting out a new update. The interface change is a welcome change.

Some feedback and recommendations:
a) Like a reviewer on the Google Play store has already mentioned, the interface is pretty to look at but the icons are unnecessarily large. You need to scroll down to see "Events" from the home screen (for exampl) when there is plenty of screen real estate on a modern smartphone to see it all on 1 screen.

b) You may require a hardware add-on to make this work (I'm creating an Arduino prototype to play around here via the serial interface) but one of the BIGGEST functionality asks is for PUSH NOTIFICATIONS of the HAI Omni to the smart phone (e.g. - push notification when alarm is armed/disarmed, etc.).

happy to beta test where possible and if you require.

regards,
Bill
Ron_Gregory View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Ron_Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 9:20pm
I agree with the icon size issue. Looks fine on my tablet but way too large on the phone. Tried it with SamsungvS4 and LG- G3.
focused122907a View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote focused122907a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 10:46am
My Note 2 with Android 4.4.2 updated the app, and I had to re-enter all panel info,

The ability to view rooms is now gone, as all rooms and units listed together.

Also, there appears to be no way to set a room to a scene.  Is this release an improvement? 
BobS0327@Hotmail.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote BobS0327@Hotmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 11:42pm
Just installed Snaplink 2.0 on my newly purchases Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and ran into problems trying to connect.  I keep getting a "please wait..............connecting" message whenever I try to access the controller.  I've triple checked the IP address, port number and both parts of the encryption key.  All are correct.

I have Snaplink 1.0 installed on my old Motorola Droid X2 phone and it works without any major problems.  It does occasionally get quirky but at least I can access the controller. 

I'm using the exact same Snaplink input parameters from my Droid X2 on my S5 phone.
cubberly@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote cubberly@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 9:07pm
My SnapLink App updated after I received the Marshmallow update on my Android phone. Snaplink is now version 2.1.2.

My Omni IIe is running 3.15 firmware version as is my Dealer PC Access.

Dealer PC Access accesses the OmniIIe just fine. When I try to use Snaplink, even internally on my LAN, it fails to connect. I've tried everything, including Wireshark to see the packets on the network, but still can not make the connection.

The Snaplink App says the controller must be running version 3.2 of the firmware, but Dealer PC Access is telling me I'm up-to-date with 3.15. Please help.

Ron_Gregory View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Ron_Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 9:22pm
If it happened to fail after an update, it may be a bad update file or glitch during the download. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Mine works fine with 2.1.2. I will say it doesn't work yet with Android N preview, but that could be the Preview's issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply