Login Login

Doesn't work with IOS 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sjf@ctrlsft.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote sjf@ctrlsft.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doesn't work with IOS 8
    Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:50pm
I get a completely white screen (except for menu bar (or whatever its called) at the very top of the screen). iPad II with IOS 8.
Developer
Developer

Quote sjf@ctrlsft.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:07pm
Looks like you need to rotate screen to portrait mode, then at the bottom of the screen is a "touch to begin" button (or something similar). Then reenter all the account info.
Developer
Developer

Quote sjf@ctrlsft.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:15pm
But add account doesn't seem to actual add the account.
And the key must be entered in caps for the "A-F" characters making switching between digits and alpha a royal pain.
JackBSwift View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote JackBSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 5:43pm
I'm having same issue on iPhone and iPad. I must re-enter all login details for the controller. Then, I hit Save and a pop up asks if I want to retrieve Setup. I press yes, and I see everything get downloaded. Once complete, the screen goes back to "Add Account" like everything I've added wasn't saved. Rinse and repeat...nothing saved

Let's go HAI! I know it's great that yall made some good $ with Leviton, but please keep up the support that you have in the past iOS8 has been in development mode for months
Developer
Developer

Quote sjf@ctrlsft.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by JackBSwift

I'm having same issue on iPhone and iPad. I must re-enter all login details for the controller. Then, I hit Save and a pop up asks if I want to retrieve Setup. I press yes, and I see everything get downloaded. Once complete, the screen goes back to "Add Account" like everything I've added wasn't saved. Rinse and repeat...nothing saved

Let's go HAI! I know it's great that yall made some good $ with Leviton, but please keep up the support that you have in the past iOS8 has been in development mode for months

Exactly the same thing I'm seeing. BTW, you can ease (but not eliminate) the pain of entering the key by emailing it to yourself, then you can copy & paste on the mobile device.
giovanni_conforti View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote giovanni_conforti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:33am
Hi just yesterday update to ios 8 and the only app lost data is snaplink and get same issue of jackbswift "I must re-enter all login details for the controller. Then, I hit Save and a pop up asks if I want to retrieve Setup. I press yes, and I see everything get downloaded. Once complete, the screen goes back to "Add Account" like everything I've added wasn't saved. Rinse and repeat...nothing saved"
any solution?
Developer
Developer

Quote sjf@ctrlsft.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 10:01am
I received the following reply from HAI Tech Support regarding this issue. Sounds like we should have a fix soon!

"We have an updated version of our iOS app that is simply waiting for Apple’s approval to push live to the app store.

As you might be aware, we had to test the app in iOS 8, and the first day we could submit our update was Monday of this week. It’s in Apple’s hands as they review. This is the SAME APP (Snap-Link Mobile) with a new GUI, optimized for iOS 8…customers will simply need to update via app store.

Our engineer says: “The accounts aren't deleted... for some reason iOS 8 doesn't display them correctly. Once our new update is pushed it should fix the issue.”

Thanks for your patience as we wait on Apple,"
Developer
Developer

Quote sjf@ctrlsft.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 10:02am
By the way, I received the reply to my email regarding this issue in FOUR MINUTES!

Can't expect anything better than that!
JackBSwift View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote JackBSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 4:42pm
14 days and still no update. At this point, I think it will just be easier to use the HAIKU app instead. I dont believe Apple's review takes 14 days. From what I can tell it is 7-10 days maximum. Heck, I have had some apps update twice since IOS 8 was released
SDudoussat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote SDudoussat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 9:46am

We are aware that some users are experiencing difficulties with iOS 8. On September 16th, Leviton submitted an iOS 8/iPhone 6 optimized app to Apple. We are eagerly awaiting approval but naturally they have a backlog.

Not only is the app optimized for the latest iOS, but it will receive a GUI refresh to match our award-winning OmniTouch 7!

As a reminder, Leviton’s automation systems do not require the internet or any apps to function normally.  Remote access is available via the apps, but the apps are not a required component.  Every other way to access the system including touchscreens, keypads, PC Access, and even calling it on the telephone, still works.

We apologize as we patiently wait for the upgrade to be approved.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>