Login Login

Error unknown host

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Korst_Breer View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Korst_Breer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error unknown host
    Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 11:23am
Wow. I have NEVER seen software that is so hard to configure (and I run part of a major software company). I have wasted HOURS trying to get this un-intuitive system set up. This system seems to be optimized for security and trying to make it as hard as possible to use. WOW. Anyway...

I've tried to setup the system on my PC. No luck. So, I finally paid $20 for the Android app v1.6 When you actually pay money for a company's controller app (AFTER spending thousands of dollars on the HAI system), you'd expect it to work and be easy to use. Not so much...

I am getting "Error Unknown Host" after entering (and re-entering) IP address, Port and the 2 keys. I cannot find any helpful information within the app or your knowledgebase. And, I can't find any "Host" setting within the app. PLEASE HELP
vining123 View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote vining123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 6:41am
I'm getting the same error. I'm using a dyndns address not an IP so I don't know if the app can't resolve this. I used the same dyndns address in my pc access software to verify the router's port forwarding and it works fine. Entered the keys multiple times to no avail, basically just doesn't work for me so what are the possible problems? I bought it just to test prior to setting it up for clients so I don't look like an a$$ but if this doesn't work it defeats the purpose for which the system was sold. This needs to be fixed or other systems will be sold instead!
VAV
vining123 View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote vining123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 6:03pm
Posting in the blind.
I tried on a local Pro II controller running fw 3.10 and it worked so I VPN'd into the other network and found that Pro II had fw was 2.5 with no option to update. Tried updating the local system to fw 3.15 but it failed. Good news is it does work, bad news is I think the system running fw 2.5 needs a new chip. Not sure why the local connected system won't update.
VAV
 Post Reply Post Reply