Login Login

Retrieving setup on Snaplink Mobile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Adam_Hansen View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Adam_Hansen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retrieving setup on Snaplink Mobile
    Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 9:23am

Since the upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 for iphone on an iPhone 4, I haven't been able to successfully retrieve setup to save it. When the process is complete, the app closes out and returns to iPhones main menu.  Thanks

bobhenry@cci.net.au View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote bobhenry@cci.net.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 6:32pm
G'Day Adam, I also find that the retrieve fails to update any changes made to the system.  My solution while a bit of a nuisance is to delete the account and recreate it.  This will successfully capture all changes you've made to your system.  I'm guessing the good guys at HAI were caught napping by the iOS release.
Good luck.

HAI Tech View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote HAI Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 6:48am

Thank you for your observation.  This has been previously reported to the developer for review.  In the meantime, there is a relatively easy work-a-round.

Simply go into Settings, access the settings for your account file, make a modest change to either the account name or IP Address and then Click on Save. As an example, we have an account named Test.  What we have tested and confirmed to work is: 

1. Place the cursor at the end of Text.

2. Press the X key - the name displays as Tes.

3. Press the "t" key - the display now appears as Test.

4. Click on Save - the display goes back to the Account files.  Now, we go back into the account file settings and are able to retrieve setup without issue.

Because I Can
Adam_Hansen View Drop Down
Snap-Link
Snap-Link

Quote Adam_Hansen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 6:18pm

Thanks to the last two that replied. Both did the job! Happy to see there is an easy way around the issue until the fix. Thanks for your time.

Post Reply Post Reply