Login Login

SNAPLINK DRIOD RAZR ABEND

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
petew@csmicorp.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote petew@csmicorp.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNAPLINK DRIOD RAZR ABEND
    Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 11:57am
I have a DRIOD RAZR with SNAPLINK 1.6 installed
Andriod Version 4.0.4 Kernel 3.0.8-g29cf5e7 build 6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31
OmniPro II Firmware 3.10A
The DRIOD RZR gets a local WI-FI address from an ASUS RT-N66R router with a local address assigned 172.16.226.187 Security WPA2PSK Link Speed 65Mbps and Excellent Signal Strength
I have downloaded and Installed and removed and re-installed all with the same results. I first installed in 5/15/12 and had the error could not figure out how to fix it and put it on the back burner but came back to the proplem recently after getting the most recent version 1.6 of SNAPLINK.
The problem is when I add an account and retreive the data I get a message
"Unfortunately, SnapLink has Stopped" Options are Report or Ok. I did Report and in discription I But "Abend Pete Watters Petew@csmicorp.com".
Since I did the "retreive data" immeditaly the account was not saved. So I re-launched SNAPLINK and settup the account but selected "OK" and did not retreive data but saved the account. Now Launching SNAPLINK the menu screen comes up but it will operate for a very short time and I can status information and events but if I select any other menu item it abends immediatly. It will always ABEND after less than 3-45 seconds but some times you can get to Status or Events and they will display before it ABENDS
The ABEND Message is always "Unfortunately, SnapLink has stopped"
SNAPLINK for iPad works for both Local and Remote and WEBLINK also works.
As a test I installed SuperLink Lite and it seems to be working ok although it is only a portion of the whole package
I am at my wits end because I remember the keys
Any one have any idea what the problem could be
Is there a test site I could try to connect to see if the problem is with my OmniPro II and Network setup or with SNAPLINK on my ANDRIOD RAZR
ehomecontrol View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote ehomecontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 1:23pm
Pete - From info. you provided, appears⚡to be your Android RAZR i.e., SOFTWARE work in progress. Deductive reasoning leads to Android kernel or perhaps buffer issue. If Snap-Link continues (in) failing to load... check 'local' address. What you describe as local looks public? Slightly familiar w/ ASUS RT-N66R, is the IP (172.16.226.187) assigned to RAZR from router's allocation table? Also suggest updating ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.176+ & confirm RAZR is compatible w/ dual band routers. PS> What do you mean by 'ABEND'?
petew@csmicorp.com View Drop Down
Developer
Developer

Quote petew@csmicorp.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:57am

What I mean by an ABEND is when I get the message ““Unfortunately, SnapLink has stopped” with options “Report or OK” and SnapLink needs to be restarted.

The ASUS RT-N66R software has been updated to 3.0.0.4.260 and the results are the same

The ASUS RT-N66R Router is a Duel Band Router SSID 2.4Ghz is Loki and the SSID for the 5Ghz is Porthos. Only LOKI is seen on The Android RAZR but iPad’s sees both. SNAPLINK for iPad works on both Local Networks. It also works for SuperLink for Andriod on the Local Network LOKI.

It also works for SuperLink on the Andriod RAZR for remote networks

Local is where the IP Address for the Android RAZR is assigned by the ASUS RT-N66R using its DHCP Server. This IP Address range is 172.16.226.2-254 and is on the Private Side of the ASUS Router Firewall. The IP Address of the OmniPro II Controller is 172.16.14.14

Remote is where the IP Address for the Android RAZR is assigned by a source outside the local Network like Starbucks. The results are the same for both Remote and Local access. The Remote IP Address is a Public Address that has port forwarding established for port 4369

The SNAPLINK for Andriod ABEND is consistant for both remote and local network Wireless Connection of the ANDRIOD RAZR.

In diagnosing the problem if there was a site I could access from my DRIOD RAZR where  we new that SNAPLINK was working we could isolate the areas of research. 

Post Reply Post Reply