Login Login

Camera page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dwalterman View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote dwalterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camera page
    Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:40am
Is there any way to add a camera choice that does not append any info to the camera url?
I have a customer with a web enabled device that shows his energy usage. He would like to be able to pop that page up from his Snaplink app. I went through all the various camera types and none work since I suspect they append information to the URL....
I would like to be able to enter an address of  ipaddress:port and nothing else and have snaplink then pop the web page.
dwalterman View Drop Down
Dealer
Dealer

Quote dwalterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 10:48am
by the way, this works fine from the USB SnapLink since it lets you enter the exact URL for the device.
aaron.ard View Drop Down
HAI - Auto Studio Admin
HAI - Auto Studio Admin

Quote aaron.ard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 12:50pm
The MJPEG option doesn't append any extra info, it will just use what you give it.

SnapLink iPhone/Android and OmniTouch 5.7e/10p/10pe only support MJPEG cameras. If it doesn't support MJPEG... it isn't going to work.

Since USB Snaplink is running on a PC, it has support for ActiveX and other technologies that are sometimes used by camera makers.

Aaron
Aaron Ard
Home Automation, Inc.
Embedded Systems Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply